The performance is an evolving piece that started in 2014. Each time Alpha is performed live, a new blend of cinema, theatre, music and sound creates a completely different experience.
All photos by Vicky Psychogiou, Maria Toultsa and Microlix under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
Alpha lets cinema serve as an actor on stage, in a contemporary representation of a modern day Tragedy. Our approach in creating a fusion project between cinema and theatre, is summarised in the following points:
- Cinema is a very young art form that is still evolving and is in constant conversation with other art forms. It is very interesting to see what happens when Cinema creatively embraces its “mother”, the Theatre and Ancient Drama.
- Cinema is built upon principles that remain the same since the beginning of the 20th century. It’s high time we looked into that matter.
The Performance has been presented in:
- July 2014 – Sani Festival
- March 2015 – Eleonas, Athens Industrial Space
- April 2015 – Apollo Theatre, in collaboration with the Municipal Theatre of Patras
- May 2015 – Eleonas, Athens Industrial Space
- September 2015 – Beep Theatre, Athens
- March 2016 – Experimental Stage of Greek National Theatre, Athens